At HCCC, we strive to provide developmentally appropriate activities that will foster and help each child reach developmental goals and milestones.
We focus on the four areas of development:
- Small and gross motor
- Social and emotional
Young children learn best through creativity and play. Teachers are required to write and follow lesson plans that have 50% teacher directed activities and 50 % child directed activities. Children are given time to play in the learning centers around their classroom as well as small amounts of time doing instructional work at the tables. Circle time is conducted each morning. Art and music are also included in daily lesson planning.
Our goal is to give each child a head start and to help prepare children for school. We understand and respect that each child learns and develops at his or her own rate.
- Chapel will be held each morning to teach monthly bible story.
- The concepts and values of the bible as practical guides to life shall be taught.
- Academic excellence that provides opportunities for optimum development of each child is a top priority.
- Develop each child to his/her highest potential, academically, physically, mentally, socially, emotionally, and spiritually
- Acceptable and no-acceptable behavior will be taught.
- Parents are considered a part of the educational process.